...a story about migrating to Italy

Monday, March 12, 2012

Wisdom Tree or Dizzy Spell

Right. The original title of this poem, written in around 2000 was indeed 'Dizzy Spell'...'Wisdom Tree' was what I called the collection of poems I included with it for a poetry assignment. I think I changed it when I revived it for another poetry class in 2003/4.
Which do you prefer?


Dizzy Spell
---------------
What does it take to be sure?
Reality behaves like a mime.
Consciousness is covered in dust,
And it's not alone.

Wrong lives too close to right,
Morality is a small child,
Demanding yet naive
And Guilt is its mother.

What does it take to be free?
Society is a train,
Where you pay and behave
And people stare.

Life is too close to death,
Awareness is an unplanted seed.
Indifference is a cliff edge,
Where Sadness built a house.

Want's alias is Jealousy,
Who lives with Greed.
Need sits humbly on the pier
Catching fish.

- Michelle Napolitano 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment